Monday, June 30, 2014

What can we do?

You don't have to be up-to-date on news and current events to know things are getting scary. They have been continuously getting worse for some time, on many fronts. I see wars starting everywhere-around the world, around the country, within our communities, within our own families, within ourselves. I find myself constantly asking: "What can I do? What should I do?" Can I do anything but sit and watch it all happen?" I have been praying, but somehow that hasn't felt like enough. I found myself needing guidance, a plan of sorts. Anyone who knows me, knows my (many times annoying) need for a "plan" and lists... (don't get me started on lists!) That's when I saw it. Lying on the bookshelf in plain view, 'Our Lady Of Fatima's Peace Plan From Heaven'. It's been there all this time... the word "Plan" in the title!! I picked it up and started to read through, thinking...Yes, this is good that I am refreshing my memory about such an miraculous historical event. Yes, I believe in Hell, I pray the rosary, I wear my scapular...But as I continued to read, I realized, this isn't a church history lesson, this is a church present lesson! Mary is talking to ME! Through these small children, through these pages, she is giving me a plan for right now. In these pages she answers my questions, "what", "why" and "how" and she is very clear and specific. Now, I know as a convert, I am probably way behind on this, and many of you already know and follow this "plan". But I feel compelled to write this little epiphany of mine as a reminder to those who already know and as encouragement for those who may not. On pg. 15 it says:

While those on the side of Almighty God and His Blessed Mother try to spread her "peace plan from Heaven," the forces of evil are meeting with even greater success in their efforts to draw men into sin-  and Our Lady said at Fatima that "Wars are a punishment from God for sin."

Everywhere in this country there has been a tremendous increase in abortions, divorce, birth control, immorality, paganism, materialism and secularism. Pope Pius XII once said: "The greatest sin of our generation is that it has lost all sense of sin."

http://www.godsplanforlife.org/peace/peace.html

Please consider reading this Plan from Heaven. Whether it's for the first time or for the hundredth.
THE NEED IS GREAT! Let's do our part in spreading Our Lady's message:)

"Oh my Jesus, I offer this for love of Thee, for the conversion of poor sinners, and in reparation for all the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary."
Summer*

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Summer for posting this! I think it is on my shelf as well. Time to revisit it:)

    ReplyDelete