Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I found this prayer beautiful, thought I would pass it along:) - Summer*

Check Your Heart.

So, how is your heart?
What are the “gods” that hold your time, attention, affection, and energies?
Recently, Pope Francis invited us to a similar heart exam. He asked, “What does our heart care for? What treasure does our heart custody? Is my heart fixed upon creatures, the problems that we all have? Is my heart fixed upon everyday gods or is it a heart fixed on the Holy Spirit?”
If we find that our hearts have gone astray, we can give them back to the Lord each day.
I have a simple prayer with this intention. Let’s pray it today.
“Lord Jesus, come into my heart anew today. Soften it with your grace and mercy. Make my heart beat in unison with your Sacred Heart. May the things which bring your heart joy be my daily offering, and may the things that break your heart break mine. I ask this through the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Amen.”
 
Ascension Press Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment