Friday, July 26, 2013

Called by Name

     Through the years, I assume you have all been called one thing or another. When I was young and my mother would call me, I knew I was in trouble when she used the name Deborah. When I was 14, I wished for everyone to call me Dawn (my middle name). I assume many of you have been called a thing or two in your lives(colorful adjectives included!). The more important question is though, What have you been called to?  That, my dear ones, is why we are here. Welcome to the blog for those who are In His Service. When I was faced with the decision of a two word name to describe those who will be posting here, I knew instantly, as the smile came across my face, that there is a common name many of us have been called. While in the latin mass at San Secondo d Asti parish, we have listened to a wonderful, wise, holy priest named Fr. Louis Marx. If you attend there I know you have heard him call your name. I have heard him call mine. It is so much more than just a name. It is something we all should aspire to. The name that defines us in his heart and in every interaction with us, whether it be in confession, or when teaching us the truths of the catholic faith during the homily or while receiving a big hug after mass.  We are the Dear Hearts. My son says, that makes me feel loved when he calls me that. I must agree. It also makes me want to live up to that name. 

     I hope we have many blog contributors and comments here from many faithful Catholics from many parishes.  I am sure we will see some great events, charity and pro-life opportunities, prayer requests and posts that all reflect the abundant joy that comes from responding to His wonderful Grace. 

      God bless you Dear Hearts!

Love, 
Debbie

www.ihscatholics@gmail.com is this community email address

2 comments:

  1. Well said mom thank you for leading by example

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My son says, that makes me feel loved when he calls me that. I must agree. It also makes me want to live up to that name."

    I love that!! I truly believe that Fr. Marx is a living saint...he sets such a good example for all that know him.

    ReplyDelete