Friday, September 26, 2014

Purgatory

I remember when I was in grade school, I heard  a story of someone in Purgatory who appeared to a friend and asked for prayers. I vividly remember that he left a burned hand mark in the wooden desk. I am so glad I came across this priest's blog and the story again! It is amazing how some things leave such a vivid impression (no pun intended) on the mind of a child.  Let this be a reminder to us that we should strive for perfection ourselves and pray for the poor souls in Purgatory. See the attached link for the story.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting Carol! These stories fascinate me! I did not learn of purgatory until I was an adult, just before my conversion-what a shocker! I feel so privileged to know of it's existence and to be given the opportunity to pray for the souls there. The fact that my "little prayers" can make such a difference, is so beautiful; so powerful, it is hard to fathom!

    Summer*

    ReplyDelete