Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Quote of the day:

“O good Jesus, how generously have You given us, on the Cross, all You had!  To Your executioners, Your loving prayer; to the thief, paradise; to Your Mother, a son, and to the son, a Mother; to the dead, You gave back life, and You placed Your soul in Your Father’s hands; You showed Your power to the entire world, and shed, through Your wide and numerous wounds, not a few drops, but all Your Blood, to redeem a slave!... O meek Lord and Savior of the world, how can we thank You worthily?  O good Jesus, You bow Your crowned head, pierced by many thorns, inviting me to the kiss of peace.  ‘See’ You say to me, ‘how disfigured, torn and annihilated I am! Do you know why? To lift you up, O wandering sheep, to put you on My shoulder, and bring you to the heavenly pasture in Paradise. Now return My Love.  Behold Me in My Passion.  Love Me.  I gave Myself to you; give yourself to Me.’  O Lord, I am grief-stricken at the sight of Your wounds; I want You to rule over me, just as You are, in Your Passion.  I want to set You as a seal upon my heart, as a seal on my arm, to make me conformable to You and Your martyrdom in all I think and do.  O good and gentle Jesus!  You Who gave Yourself to us as a ransom for our redemption, grant that we, unworthy though we may be, may correspond with Your grace, entirely, perfectly, and in all things.”  ~St. Bonaventure

No comments:

Post a Comment