Thursday, October 17, 2013

Am I guilty?


    I read the Pope's Prayer to Our Lady of Fatima and was very moved! On the same site, a Homily by The Pope caught my eye. After watching the video, I was called to examine my own conscience on the matter.
   As Catholics, we want to LIVE our Faith. But sometimes, I wonder, are we always living it out of true Love for God and for humanity? Or do we live it for appearance sake, for the opinions of others? When I pray, do I know what I am saying? And who I am saying it to? Or do I just go through the motions, because that's what I am supposed to do before I eat; before I go to bed; etc.
This brings me back to the "controversial" interview The Pope recently gave, and how it received such mixed responses. I think the topic of this homily may explain why.

Has our Faith become an "ideology" in our lives??
(Something important to think and talk about with our families.)


http://www.romereports.com/palio/pope-when-faith-becomes-an-ideology-it-can-make-christians-hostile-and-arrogant-english-11368.html#.UmBFnhXn_3g

Summer*

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Getting the head knowledge down to the heart! Falling in love with Jesus! Making Him our best friend...Someone we want to talk with..to be with.To be united with Him so completely that we bring Him to others naturally, just by our presence...God truly living in us! No wonder humility is so highly valued in our Catholic life! God chooses to live in me?!?!
    TO KNOW, LOVE, and SERVE HIM

    ReplyDelete